Monday, November 9, 2009

Answers to My Questions in September...

In September, when I was still pregnant, I posted a blog about "Things I Was Most Curious to Find Out About Gunnar's Arrival". Well, now that he's here, I can answer those questions!

1) Will he have hair? YES! He does. He has sweet little fuzzy black hair. It is sweet and cute to us, but in all reality, it's really pretty funny. It's kind of mullet-like, and no matter how often I smooth it or brush it, it stays kind of messy. Eventually, he'll need a new look, but for now, we love it!

2) How will Nason be in the delivery room? Nason was worried about his tolerance for witnessing the blood, guts, and pain associated with labor. I'm not sure if he got off easier or harder by having to witness a c-section, but regardless, he was AMAZING just like I knew he would be. He would have been no matter what the circumstances, I am very sure. He was calm, cool, collected, sweet as could be to me throughout it, reassuring, and managed to take GREAT videos of the birth. I thought he would cry, but he actually didn't, so that was the one surprise. Believe it or not, the guy HAS been known to get pretty teary eyed (our wedding for example!!). He stayed dry-eyed throughout though, and actually, even I didn't cry as much as I thought I would. It was more a laugh cry combo.

3) Who Will Gunnar Look Like? The jury is still out on this one! Everyone seems to come up with different things. The one thing that most everyone agrees on is that he has my nose, and Nason's mouth/chin area. Other than that, he seems to be his own little unique mix of characteristics, and is not an exact clone of either of us.

4) Is my tolerance for pain really as high as I always say it is? Don't know. Didn't have to go through labor! I will say this though....not sure if it's my tolerance for pain, or just the nature of the procedure, but a c-section is an absolute piece of cake. I can't even believe that it could be that simple to have a child! 45 minute procedure, MINIMAL amount of pain, up and walking around by the next day, and feeling pretty much like my normal self within about 2 days. Amazing!

5) Where will I be/What will I be doing when Gunnar makes his Debut? Read birth story : )

1 comment:

  1. I think his hair is really cute!! And you look amazing for just giving birth 2 weeks ago! Can't wait to see Noah and Gunnar grow up

    ReplyDelete