Sunday, March 28, 2010

Month 5- The Fastest Month So Far......

This month has FLOWN by. It has gone by quicker than any other month since we've had Gunnar. Which is weird, because it seems like it should have gone by slow. Gunnar got REALLY sick this month, with RSV, then a double ear infection, then bronchiolitis, and let me tell you, those 10 days were loooooooong. Besides that though, I feel like I blinked, and the month was over. It went by so fast in fact, that I haven't had time think up a good "Top 5 List" for my monthly update. In fact, even as I'm typing this right now, I can't think of anything to do. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Thinking. Thinking. Thinking. Ok....got it. How about, The Top Five Upcoming Events I'm Most Looking Forward To: 1) Starting Gunnar on rice cereal...tomorrow! I decided that 5 months is when I would start that, so tomorrow is the day. I don't know why I'm excited about that but for some reason, I am. I'm even looking forward to buying some cute little bowls and spoons for him to use. Oh the things that excite me now! 2) Easter. I one hundred percent know and believe that Jesus is the reason for excitement and celebration at Easter, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that a LITTLE bit of my excitement has to do with dressing Gunnar up in a cute Easer outfit. I know that's not what it's about, but can I just call it icing on the cake?? 3) Lennox Prince's birthday party. Our dear dear (but not often seen) friends Steven and Tameka have the cutest-little-boy-besides-Gunnar you've ever seen, and he's turning 1 in April. We are going to his birthday party in Dallas, and I'm looking forward to seeing them, celebrating with Lennox, and letting them all meet Gunnar. 4) My shopping spree!!!! My Christmas present from Nason, was the promise of a shopping spree, whenever I reached the weight that I intended on staying at for a while. I am hoping within the next 2-4 weeks to reach that weight, and once I do, I am going on a shopping rampage. I am going to shop like I have never shopped before. It has been over a year, YES OVER A YEAR, since I have worn anything even resembling cute. I thought nothing could be frumpier than maternity clothes, but I was wrong. At least when you are wearing maternity clothes, it is because you are pregnant, and therefore can kind of pull off anything, because everyone just thinks pregnant people are cute. However, AFTER the baby comes, and the maternity clothes are too big, and your old clothes are too small, and so you end up wearing sweats and t shirts most days, THAT is the very definition of frumpy. Ugh. 5) The beach in June. We are going to South Padre Island with our friends the Hunt's and the Box's the first week in June, and I am so excited to watch all of our little boys playing in the sand!!!! Ok, that's all for this month. I leave you with a video of Gunnar rolling over for the first time!!!! So proud!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so what's up with this Hengst/Hunt/Box beach vacation in June?? The LoSurdos are feeling left out! :)

    ReplyDelete