Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend in Houston

We took a little roadtrip to Houston this weekend to spend some time with family. Gunnar still does SO good in the car, and I'm hoping that that trend will continue at least into next month, since we have a trip to Padre planned, and that is a six hour car ride. Anyway, our first stop was at the rehab center that Nason's grandma is currently staying at, while she recovers from a back injury. Nason was SUPER close to his Grandma Dorothy growing up, and I know it really brightened up her day to get to see him, as well as little Gunnar.




We spent several hours there, eating lunch, visiting, and of course taking tons of pictures!



After leaving Grandma Dorothy, we headed over to my Aunt Debbie's house, and stayed the night with her, my Uncle Sean, my cousin Sara, and Sara's little boy Dylon. The next morning was my first Mother's Day, and Nason and Gunnar did a great job of treating me good! McDonald's breakfast (it's mainly their Diet Coke that I get excited about), and surprised me with my gift: a full day of "girl time" with my friend Krista...we're getting massages, having lunch, and spending the whole day shopping, while our guys watch the boys. We are both sooooooooooooo excited.

Later that day, my mom, dad, brother, Kristin, and her boyfriend Fidel all drove in from Austin to spend the day at my aunt's as well, and Nason's parents came over and joined us too. It was great getting to hang out with both mom's on Mother's Day....I'm so glad our families mesh so well! Kristin's boyfriend Fidel put on a little "concert" for us, and impressed us all with his musical prowess. He is REALLY good (yes that's right Fidel...I'm being nice to you on this blog, even though you and Kristin apparently get lots of laughs in about me and my napping blog entries).



All in all, a fun day with the fam!





No comments:

Post a Comment