Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Weekly (and a half) Musings

My infamous "Worry Problem"....
Is rearing it's ugly head a bit.  No need to list out the various, non-sensical things that plague my mind as of late, because, well...because they're non-sensical, unfounded, and basically make me seem a bit crazy.  I'm trucking along just fine, though.  I read this verse the other day:

"Cast all your anxiety on Him, because he cares for You" (1 Peter 5:7).
]
Did you know that one synonym for "cast" is "hurl"?  So the verse says to HURL your anxieties at God.  So that's what I've been striving to do.  As soon as a worrisome, anxious thought hits my brain, I just instantly "hurl" it at God, and let Him handle it.  This arrangement seems to be working out pretty well for us (me and God, that is) :)

Aerobics Classes....
I used to be an Aerobics Class Queen.  In high school, I would go to step aerobics classes with my mom, and, at the risk of tooting my horn, we were AWESOME at it.  We were!  Don't you go thinking that step aerobics just means that you step up and down over and over again on a bench.  There's actually a lot of choreography and coordination involved.  Yeah, I'm bragging, because it's probably the ONLY thing I've EVER been coordinated at in my life.  Anyway, I think step aerobics must be a thing of the past, as most gyms (or mine anyway) offer very few step classes.  I do miss doing aerobics classes though, so last week, for the first time in practically a DECADE, I went to a class at my gym.  Body Pump, actually.  It wasn't step, but man oh man was it a good workout!  I loved switching gears a bit from all the running I've been focusing on lately.

Learning Activities....
All last year, I was SOOOOO on the ball, as far as doing learning activities with Gunnar.  We had designated time EVERY day (only like 15-20 minutes, lest you think I'm some sort of drill sergeant for toddlers), where we worked on activities that I had planned out AHEAD OF TIME, that had a learning component involved.  We had Letters of the Week, Words of the Week, Colors of the Week, etc etc etc.  I had been SO lazy about it this year, though.  The year got off to a good start...in January, I even sat down and went ahead and planned out a "curriculum" for the entire year. Themes for each month, activities that went along with each theme, "field trips", even!  I planned it all...but we've done none of it!  Until last week. We finally got our rears in gear, and we are back on the saddle.  We have a "nature" theme going, and Gunnar seems to like it so far.

Wednesday Night...
Was Girl's Night, for the four girls who make up my small group from church.  We obviously see each a lot, between our small group meeting, various playdates, get-togethers WITH our husbands, etc, but this was the FIRST time we've ever gone out just the four of us. It was awesome, and I think we all found out some things about each other that we didn't know before (Kelly, I'm mostly referring to you, and a certain quest that you are on, to "find" a certain something).

Easter...
Will have it's own post :)


No comments:

Post a Comment