Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Musings...

This week...
Enock Box...had his first birthday party.  Not his first birthday, but his first PARTY.  Him and all his little best buds spent the morning at Zilker Park.  The highlight of the party was supposed to be the train, but turns out, it wasn't running that day.  Enock AND his mama were such good sports about it though, and fun was had by all.  Well, by most.  Pretty sure Gunnar didn't really have much fun...turns out poor little guy was sporting an ear infection, that was making him pretty miserable.  The evidence is in the pictures...just look at him tugging on that ear!





My sister...came to the party too, and it was so good to see her.  Turns out, for a single gal, who is rarely ever around kids, she's actually quite helpful, and somewhat of a natural with them.  Wish I'd snapped a picture of her and Gun, but I failed to do so.  

When you don't realize your kid is sick.....it sucks, and makes you feel like a bad mom!  Gunnar has been a NUTCASE..an absolute NUTCASE, I tell you.....for about two weeks now.  Just inexplicably crazy.  In hindsight, when Nason and I think back, he WAS tugging on his ear a lot during those two weeks, and even complaining of stuff being "too loud", but he had NO fever, and other than being a NUTCASE (have I said that word enough?) he didn't act sick at all, so we were totally shocked to find out he actually had a pretty bad ear infection.  So if you learn nothing else from my blog, learn that sometimes kids can have ear infections, even with no fever!

Our weekend....was FABULOUS!  We spent the weekend downtown at the Hilton, and celebrated our "Valentines Day" Friday night....Kenichi, Max's Wine Dive, and tattoos (more to come on that topic later).  Then on Saturday, we joined up with our best buds the Box's and the Hunt's, and attended the A Future and a Hope Adoption Conference (more to come on that later, too).  That night, we decided to unwind from the day at Moonshine, which we'd never been to before, and now LOVE.  

The Vow...wasn't QUITE as good as I expected it to be, but I'd still classify it as "Really Good", and gosh do I ever love Rachel McAdams.  I seriously think she is just the cutest girl ever, and I gravitate between loving her (because how could you not?) and hating her (because I'm super jealous of her cuteness).  Anyway, in my opinion, it's definitely a go-see, but VERY girly (wouldn't recommend bringing your husbands along, even if, like my husband, they tend to somewhat enjoy girl movies.  This one is just PURE girl). Also, it's no "Notebook", so don't go expecting that, either.  Oh, and Channing Tatum is no Ryan Gosling, so don't go expecting that, either ; )


No comments:

Post a Comment