Sunday, February 26, 2012

Weekly Musings....

Monday...was the only day of this entire week I didn't feel sick.  On Tuesday, I came down with the WEIRDEST virus. It was weird, because first of all, I would be super sick for a few hours at a time, and then I would feel fine again for a few hours, and then the fever/sickness would come back.  The other weird thing, was that my forearms ached...like, they were actually sore to the touch.  I'm serious.  I know that is so weird, but they were, and as soon as the cold and flu symptoms went away, so did the forearm soreness.

I made.....this for dinner one night, and it was sooooooo good.

French Fried Onion Spaghetti Bake


I read.... an article in Parenting magazine about a little kindergarten girl that was getting bullied by her classmates.  It wasn't like the crazy awful bullying you hear about on the news and such, where kids end up getting hurt or killed.  It was just a mom, writing in and telling the story of how heartbreaking it had been for her to watch her little girl come home from school every day in tears, because the "popular girls" (in kindergarten!!!!!) were telling her that her clothes were ugly, her hair was ugly, she wasn't cool enough to come to their birthday parties, etc, and how she had then successfully dealt with the situation.  BUT...oh my gosh....it gave me a whole new topic to worry about...something I've never really considered...and that is the thought of Gunnar getting made fun of or picked on in school one day!  That thought just seriously almost brings tears to my eyes.  Kids are SO mean.  I think its the saddest thing in the world for a little kid to get bullied by other kids.  Everyone reading my blog: you better never let me hear about your kids bullying The Gunster, or you may just see a crazy side of me you never knew existed.  Along the same lines, if "The Gunster" is bullying YOUR kid one day...you let me know, and I"ll make sure he has hell to pay.  

We had...a great weekend.  My idea of the perfect weekend, is one in which there is a PERFECT blend of family time with Gunnar, time alone for just Nason and I, AND still some time left over for each of us to do a few things that we want/need to do on our own.  This weekend, we seemed to be able to fit all of that in well.  Nason and I had a date night Friday, and watched a movie together during Gunnar's nap on Saturday.  We took Gunnar to Zilker Park yesterday, and had breakfast at Juan in a Million.  I got my weekend run in (3 1/2 miles.  With my mom!  So proud of her!!).  Nason had a guys night to celebrate a friends birthday, and saw some Navy Seals movie which he came home super pumped up about.  I got some house cleaning done ALONE (isn't it funny how once you have kids, cleaning house ALONE actually becomes an enjoyable activity?), and we had a lazy morning at home with Gunnar this morning.  Did you just hear that?  I said a LAZY MORNING AT HOME. I just wrote in my last blog post that a lazy morning at home with a toddler is something that is unattainable, and yet, this morning, we went to LATE church (11:30), and beforehand, enjoyed what can only be described as a LAZY MORNING.  AT HOME.  WITH GUNNAR.  So I (somewhat) take back what I said before about that not being possible.  

So I really didn't have much to "muse" about this week.  Sorry.  The theme of my week was basically: sick.  Make it through the day, until I can take some Nyquil or Advil PM at night, and crash.  I seem to have a weekly tradition at this point though, of writing my weekly musings on my blog, and I didn't want to break with tradition.  Heaven forbid.  





No comments:

Post a Comment