Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Blog Isn't Going to Have Many Pictures..Deal With It

Here's the primary reason I continuously find myself starting, stopping, and then re-starting my blog: I initially get really excited about the idea of blogging, because I LOVE to write, and I LOVE to record all of the eventful (ok, who are we kidding... mostly boring, no-so-eventful) things that make up our daily lives, because I LOVE to go back months and years later, and re-read all of it. But then this pressure slowly starts to build...the pressure to have PICTURES. I feel like most people who are in the market for quality blog-reading, are expecting pictures. They browse quickly through the words, in search of the PICTURES. "Why are there so many words on this blog, and NO PICTURES??!??!??", is probably what anyone who reads my blog is saying. Well here's the deal, people....my camera sucks, I suck at taking pictures, I feel like an annoying member of the papparazi whenever I try to snap shots at playdates, birthday parties, and other such events, AND really, it's just the principle...if I'm taking a picture solely for the purpose of posting it on my blog, well that's just goofy. I was feeling kind of bummed about this, like maybe it means I just shouldn't have a blog, but then I remembered two things: 1) This blog isn't solely for your eyes only...it's for MINE. And I am perfectly happy having no pictures on here 2) One of my very favorite blogs that I follow is my cousin-in-law's (or something like that...it's my husband's cousin's wife), and her blog has very few pictures, and yet I absolutely love it. In fact, you should follow it, too. Click here. She is freaking hilarious. By the way Amanda, although we are family, I'm pretty sure we've only met in person like twice ever, but I wish we could hang more, because your blog posts never fail to make me laugh out loud!!! So.....if a blog with pictures is what you're in the market for, you might ought to quit visiting mine, because you're going to continue to find yourself sorely disappointed. If what you ARE in the market for is boring stories that only I find interesting, fascinating-only-to-me updates about Gunnar, my insights that seem really intelligent and thought provoking to me, but probably aren't to anyone else, and the occasional link to other people's blogs who are way more interesting than me, than this is the blog for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment