Sunday, February 5, 2012

Some Musings on the Week...

Monday....Nason and I are back to having Monday-night "meetings".  Really, it's just planned out, quality time, where we're not allowed to look at phones, computers, ipads, ipods, or TV.  We actually have to talk to each other.  Remarkable!  And.....the TV DOES come on eventually, because after all, Monday nights are Batchelor  nights, and heaven forbid I miss that.  I love our Monday nights together though.  Wine is most definitely a part of it, and it is just so wonderful and refreshing to be able to have an actual meaningful, COMPLETE conversation, with the guy that I love.  I think I like the "complete" part even more than the "meaningful" part. Being able to spit out MULTIPLE sentences at once without getting interrupted by a certain little voice saying "mama" is just divine...I don't even care WHAT we're talking about

One Reason I Love Nason....he can always be counted on to say what's on his mind, and say it without beating around the bush.  He had lunch with some guy this week, and somehow the topic of church, God, and Jesus came up.  Nason starts describing to him the relationship between God, and us.  Nason doesn't go all "spiritual" on him, or "church talk-ish".  He says this: "Dude, it's like a loving husband, and a wife who is a cheating whore.      Every day the husband comes home from work, and find his wife sleeping with some new dude.  God is the husband,  and we ALL are the cheating whores.  God keeps pursuing us and loving us and coming after us over and over, even though all we do all the time is "cheat" on him by constantly pursuing and loving other things more than Him."  To which the guy responded, "Hmmm.  That's good.  I've never heard anyone put it that way."  I'm sure he hasn't!!!  Ha ha.  I love it though!  What a wise and funny guy 'ole Nasie Cat is.  

I made......yet ANOTHER super delicious recipe off of Pinterest.  Icebox Cake.  Look it up.  I don't feel like fiddling around and figuring out how to link it to this post, but trust me...it was GOOD.  

I found out....some really fun news.  No, I'm not pregnant.  And don't you worry about what the news is.  When this blog is ready to share it with the world, it will.  

I am SO excited BECAUSE....Little Benjamin Looper is FINALLY coming home!!  Whoo hoo!!!! Wanna see how cute he is?  Look!

If you don't know the Looper's, and haven't followed their story, Ben was born about 9 weeks early, with some heart complications, but he is A-Ok now..healthy, happy, and getting chubbier every day...and I am so excited he gets to go live at home with his wonderful Mommy and Daddy now, and get out of that dang NICU!!!!

I Should Be.... folding laundry, and running 2 miles right now, instead of blogging.  It is FREEZING outside though, and windy, and downright miserable, so whether or not the running happens, remains to be seen.  I have no excuse for not doing the laundry though, so off I go......



No comments:

Post a Comment