Monday, March 26, 2012

Capitol 10K

This weekend was the Capitol 10K.  My mom and I ran it together, and can I just say...I am SO.PROUD.OF.HER.  She went from saying (not so long ago) "there's no way I could ever even run a mile", to running in three different 5K's with me, to this weekend, running a 10K.  And when I say "run", I do mean "run".  No little walking breaks here and there.  Just solid running, for a solid six miles.  Make that 6.2 miles.  Now, my mom is young...pretty much a spring chicken still...but she IS still my mom...which means we at least know she's not in her 30's, and she's not in her 40's.  So I think that makes it even that much more of an accomplishment.  Grandma my arse.  This "mimi" has still got it going on :)

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of the Capitol 10K, and will definitely be running in it again next year. Great route.  Great weather.  Great city.  

Here's a few pictures for your viewing pleasure...

 Nason and Gunnar, waiting to watch us cross the finish line

 My cute boy, pretending he's running in the race

We're almost done!!

 Dad is so proud of his woman :)

 All I can say is "gross" regarding my appearance here, but I couldn't NOT include an end-of-race pic of me and my mom

Gunnar and Uncle Josh
  

No comments:

Post a Comment