Sunday, March 18, 2012

Weekly Musings

Nutella....I can honestly say, I have never bought it before.  In fact, I ate it ONCE when Nason and I were in Europe like 8 years ago, and I'm pretty sure at the time, we just referred to it as "chocolate spread".  Anyway, I bought some this week, and OH MY GOSH....have I ever been missing out??  Is this stuff supposed to be healthy?  I'm thinking "surely not", but if I were to find out that, in fact, it is....well that may be the best thing since.....I don't even know what.

Our Usual Little Gang....visited the "Play for All Abilities" park in Round Rock this week, and I think it could POSSIBLY be an even cooler discovery than Nutella.  It is the best park EVER.  It's huge. It's awesome.  There is no way your kids could ever get bored there. They could, however, get lost.  Mine did. Only for about 2 minutes, but I discovered that when you lose your kid, two minutes is equivalent to at least twenty.  Good news is, the entire park has a huge fence around it, so short of someone actually kidnapping your child (which is where my mind instantly went) chances are, they're at least NOT going to wander out into the parking lot and get hit by a car.  So that's something.  Here's the best picture we got, and as you can see, it's not awesome:


Other girls.... at the gym, do not look slutty in shorts like these:


but I'm pretty sure I do.  I NEED a pair of shorts like this.  They're good for running.  They're good for doing leg machines/squats, because I don't have to worry about people seeing up my shorts, BUT when I tried a pair on at Sports Authority this week, I instantly felt like a skeezer.  A skeezer with love handles, at that : (

Putting Four Little Boys Down For Bed....all in the same house is no easy feat, but is so worth it, to be able to have a nice dinner, and good conversation, with your best friends.  We do this somewhat regularly with the Hunt's and the Box's, and although it's a chaotic 20 minutes or so putting them all down, I think overall, we have some pretty awesome, flexible, go-with-the-flow little boys, and we are most appreciative to them for being such good sports!  Nevermind that two got in a screaming match, one ended up pooping through his PJ's, and one (mine) summoned me into his bedroom no less than 20 times to ask me "what's that noise mama?".  We also got to spend some time with a couple we DON'T hang out with as much, The Self's.  Their blog is a good one, if you want to check it out.  They are currently in the process of adopting from Haiti, if you'd like to follow their story!  

That's all for this week!  More exciting, keep-you-on-the-edge of your seat stories to come next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment