Thursday, March 15, 2012

Martin Bash-ing

All My Children used to be the show that I ALWAYS had on during Gunnar's naptime, that I would watch while I ate lunch, or folded laundry, or did whatever household chores were on the to-list for the given day. Sadly, and despite all logic and reasoning, AMC came to an end this year.  So did Oprah, AND the Regis- half of Regis and Kelly.  Not that I'm wallowing in my TV show sorrows or anything.

Anyway, I needed a new "show".  Couple this, with the fact that one of my goals for the year was to reacquaint myself with politics and current events (there was a time, not so long ago, where I actually could have contributed, SOMEWHAT intelligently, to a conversation about politics, government, and world events, but then I became a mom, and my time was spent on other things, and my brain became mush) and I decided to start tuning in to MSNBC during Gunnar's naptime.

Now it just so happens that Gunnar is typically snoozing right around two o'clock, which is exactly when a certain Martin Bashir spews his nonsensical opinions on the air, and I'm therefore forced to listen to them.  Or, I could just change the channel, or turn the TV off. But I've found that it's actually quite fun to yell out loud, or in my head, at him (and his nonsensical opinions).  Anyway, he said something this week that really just annoyed me.  He expressed that, in his opinion, birth control is the best way to ensure that a woman doesn't "have to" have an abortion.

Now, I'm not opposed to birth control.  At all.  What I am opposed to though, is people who have no concept whatsoever of personal responsibility.  Well that, and people who have no regard for human life in general.

The best way to not "have to" have an abortion, is to remind yourself that sometimes having sex results in making a baby. Having reminded yourself of that, if you still want to proceed, accept responsibility for the life you create, if you create it.  Grow up, and raise your child, already!  If you're unable to do that...NEWS FLASH!  There's other people who ARE willing to give your child a loving home...it's called "adoption".  Uh-dop-shun.  Why in the world would anyone ever "have to" kill their baby?  I seriously can't wrap my brain around it.  But thanks for making throw up in my mouth a little bit, Martin.

No comments:

Post a Comment