Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tried It, Liked It

Have you ever heard of Music with Mar? My friend Leah told me about it this week.  It's a music class, for kids of all ages, that meets in various places around town.  You don't have to register, or commit to any kind of monthly payment plan.  You just show up, pay your $7, and you're good to go!  Gunnar LOVED it, and so did I.  We have been on a quest to find a fun music class, that does not cost more than mine and Nason's gym membership combined.

A while ago, we tried out Kindermusik, and I'm not sure if we were to cool for it, or not cool enough, but whatever it was, Gunnar and I both gave it a "thumbs down" and a "this is beyond dorky, let's get outta here ASAP".  We tried music classes at Gymboree, but not only were they incredibly boring, they cost us an arm and a leg.  $72 a month to watch Gunnar run circles around and around the room, while the teacher droned on and on about "gaining an appreciation for classical music" and other such in-one-ear and out-the-other nonsense...no thanks!  I'm all about Gunnar gaining an appreciation for music, but can we DO something to accomplish that, versus just listening to the teacher TALK about it?  See my kid?  He's the one standing on the table picking his nose.  Is there a drum he can bang on or something??  He actually prefers to dance to "I'm Sexy and I Know It", than songs from the Nutcracker.

Anyway, Music with Mar is AWESOME, and I think you should try it, too!  Here's the link the to their website:

http://musicwithmar.com/


1 comment:

  1. Ellie and I have been going on Tuesdays and we love it too! We should go the same day sometime! It would be so fun to see yall!!

    ReplyDelete