Sunday, March 11, 2012

Weekly Musings

Mission Impossible.... Finding the notebook you see pictured below:






I originally bought this notebook at Target, two years ago, and have bought six more since that time. I use it for EVERYTHING....it's my journal/to-do list/jot notes down at a meeting/etc notebook. Yes, I realize most people in my generation use things a bit more tech savvy, such as an ipad, or iphone, or isomething, but as I've mentioned before, I never claimed to be a tech savvy kind of person.  I like paper and pen just fine.  Anyway, Target seems to no longer sell this notebook, and neither does any other store I've been to.  I've looked EVERYWHERE.  I've even sent my mom to several Targets in Houston trying to find them. I've even tried to call and email the company that makes them.  I've  had no success.  I wrote on the VERY LAST PAGE of my VERY LAST NOTEBOOK this week, and was then finally forced to go choose another kind of notebook, which I then went home and wrote in, and decided I  hated.  The pages just aren't as soft.  The ink doesn't write the same.  It doesn't have the same feel to it.  The paper smells different.  I'm serious, ya'll. I NEED the other notebook.  If you see it somewhere, and you buy it for me, well, I'll be your indentured servant for life.  I'll also reimburse you the $6.00 for the notebook.

I discovered.... a new playground that Gunnar adores.  It's the McDonald's playground on Parmer, kind of near the Avery Ranch area.  Perfect place to sit and sip on my beloved diet cokes, while I watch Gunnar play.  Well, this particular time, I didn't watch Gunnar play much, because it was the day my video got posted on Bobby Bones' page as one of the Top 10 Finalists, and I was therefore glued to my phone the whole time, watching with an eagle eye, the mean comments as they rolled in.  I'm usually not the mom that sits on her phone instead of playing with her kids.  I'm seriously not.  But this was a special circumstance, I like to think.  Anyway, it was fun, and way better than the icky sticky indoor playground at the other McDonald's, so we'll be back.

"Return to Innocence" by Enigma...is a good song to run to.  Or I'm just weird. Either which way, I've  found myself listening to it on repeat a few times during my runs this week.

Krista Box....once again, earns recognition on this blog. She kept Gunnar for half a day on Friday for me while I did some shopping. I bought myself a new pair of jeans (my first NON-skinny jeans in ages), some jeans for Gunnar (which do not fit his tall and skinny little self...in fact, at church today, the guy walking behind us called our attention to the fact that Gunnar's butt crack was hanging out of his jeans.  That was a proud moment, for sure.), and some pretty new things for my very "blah" living room mantel. The entire wall is about to get painted, but here's what it's looking like so far:




I'm considering...reinstating the gag-worthy vegan diet.  I had a horrifying, terrifying, and petrifying thought earlier...bathing suit season is, at most, 6 weeks away.  If I'm not going to be pregnant during the summer months (and it's seeming like I'm not), then I don't have a valid reason for looking gross.  In the winter, when jeans and sweaters can easily cover a bit o' flab, it's easy to justify McDonald's for breakfast and Wendy's for lunch.  In the summer, when your flab is on full display as you chase your toddler round and round the pool....not so much.  Bye bye delicious french fries.  Hello dry and tasteless carrot sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment